Signed in as:
• The purpose of this environmental scan is to provide a snapshot of the resources and support
available online for Canadians who want to acquire and/or train a service dog.
• This scan attempts to capture details that can assist consumers in making informed decisions
about options for acquiring a service dog in Canada.
• The intent of this scan is also to provide a snapshot assessment of the quality of available
online resources so that organizations can revisit their content.
• A rigorous review of online content from service dog organizations verified by multiple
researchers from the University of Saskatchewan.
• This scan was also reviewed by a committee of service dog and animal-assisted human service
personnel (e.g., service dog trainers and handlers, organization founders, etc.).
• This scan will be shared with all organizations identified within this document and other
relevant groups such as Facebook service dog support groups (e.g., Service Dogs in Ontario),
the University of Saskatchewan’s Pawsitive Canine Connections, the Canadian Foundation for
Animal-Assisted Services (CFAS), and the Canadian Association of Professional Dog Trainers
• The findings from this environmental scan will also inform forthcoming research publications
and proposals led by Dr. Linzi Williamson.
• Additionally, we would like to incorporate information from this document into an accessible,
Copyright © 2021 Service Dog Research - All Rights Reserved | Droit d’auteur @2021 Service Dog Research – Tous droits réservés
Funded by Health Canada, Substance Use and Addictions Program | Financé par Santé Canada, Programme sur l’usage de substances et les addictions
The views expressed here do not necessarily represent the views of Health Canada | Les opinions exprimées ici ne représentent pas nécessairement les opinions de Santé Canada